Sunday 6 March 2016

The First Class Assignment.

The first week of study is done and dusted, and I am so fired up about whats to come.
I have been dreaming of doing this for as long as I can remember. But it was never a reality, until now. Life is coming up roses!


Our first (solo) assignment with a camera was a fun one. We were sent out with a list of 10 subjects to shoot, and around 40 minutes and a campus to do it.
By biggest lesson was in punctuality. Take a time piece with you, if you are anything like me and become completely absorbed in the click of a camera.


'interior'


I chose the stair well, as I hoped the collection of lines would contrast in the way I hoped.
I was very happy with how this turned out. Straight from camera it was a frame I liked, it took one simple edit to get this end result. Which is how I imagined it could look.

My tutor, Chris Hill, NZIPP, saw this frame as fitting more the prompt of 'texure'. What do you think?


'Repetition of Shape'


A simple rubbish bin, with a pattern that provided an angle that caught my attention.

'Triplets'

Three of a kind, of anything we were told. I wasn't looking for chess pieces when I entered the library. But was so glad I stumbled across them.


'Portrait'


I walk around campus, and see so many people with fascinating features that could translate so well into photographs. Whether its dark skin against bright headphones, a striking hair cut or a smile and light in the eyes that sparks my imagination.
I have a passion for capturing people candidly, images that really do take a snap shot of their current mood, their personality and the feeling of the moment.


These are the photos from the exercise that show a sense of 'me'.Who I am aiming to become as a photographer. The style that I am going for, and an accurate portrayal of where my art is at present.

So until next time, which should be soon....

Rosy. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the stairwell shot. I think it represents texture possibly a little more than interior, but I'd still give it a tick in both boxes. Love the rubbish bin too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tarina, tick in both boxes is good!

      Delete