Wednesday 9 March 2016

The start of my portfolio.

To show that I was indeed able to study photography, or just study in general I guess, I had an entry interview.
I wanted to share with you the images that I put together to achieve this.


A single bloom of Geranium Maderense.
These plants are an explosion of flowers, so I love this capture of a seemingly solitude flower.

Organic beetroot in a farmers market, Camden, Sydney.
The hues of colour, and the focus being drawn right to the center is appealing to me.

Kariotahi at sunset.
One of my favourite photos. I love the reflection in the wet black sand, and the focus being drawn by the silhouttes.

Curious Cow.
He (a steer) was my next door neighbour for quite some time. Liked to pose for the camera.

Soaking in Soda Springs.
This old Fella was a regular at the spring. I haven't quite captured the 'essence', but the feeling is there.

Steam of the Springs.
Living with this down the road was pure heaven. I think this shot shows some of its mystical nature.

Commercial farming in Karaka, South of Auckland.
I think my design tutor would like the balance of this shot. I know I do.

The hill with the hut.
A strange little structure as you approach Rotorua. I like how the wood is picking up the golden light.

Nature harmonising with industrialism.
The road between Rotorua and Taupo. I love this photo, just love it.

The green of goodness.
Lake Rotoma. Getting this many hues of green to stand out from one another took many tries. Worth it in the end.

Old Dog, old day.
A seasoned old boy taking his evening dip in the water of lake Rotoma.

Mountain Road.
A colour photo. Which is why I find it so interesting.

A freeze of fur.
Some clarity is lost in upload, but the fur like icicles standing out against a grey day. It looks magical.

Sunset over stormy skies.
The clouds, plus a rainbow would have been enough. But I like the element the pylons add.

Sunset at Back Beach.
There is a certain 'moodiness' that I love about this shot. 

Beach Cliffs.
I love that there is a clear center to this photo. Which draws your eye right in.

Morning light turns dew into diamonds.
I love the clear contrast between bright sun and dew drops against the dark metal.

Street Lights at Sunset. Karaka Harbourside.
This image reminds me of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So its a favourite.

Winter Woolies. Rocky Point.
When she isn't being a wriggly worm, my beautiful daughter makes a stunning subject.

Geranium Maderense.
As shot, no editing. I love the light, the bokeh and the focus being exactly on point.

Visions of violets.
A violet is slightly smaller than a .10c piece. I got this photo by laying on the wet grass, with my phone. Because I could not pass it by.


So there it is. A collection of my best photography, so far. Emphasis on so far.

See you soon,

1 comment: